On our previous discussion we’ve talked about the importance of Pinterest as a marketing tool, and how to display it on your Facebook page. This week we would like to talk about Twitter. If you don’t have an account, now would be the perfect time to open one. Click this link in order to open a Twitter account, and then have your profile customized according to your brand’s look & feel – add your logo, domain, and contact details.
We’ve picked a few tips to help you managing your account on a daily basis:
- Twitter is all about “quality over quantity” You have only 140 characters use them wisely!
Make sure to use the right keywords that are related to your brand.
- Be yourself, be authentic when you tweet – your followers should recognize your tweeting style. Be consistent and represent your brand’s spirit.
- Share relevant links that are related to your brand. Your followers will appreciate the high quality content you provide them with, and will re-tweet your posts, spreading your brand name around. 59% of all re-tweets include a link, which means a lot of traffic to your web-store.
- Use twitter for networking; Search for relevant social media users based on their biography or the content they post and follow them, they might teach you a thing or two. Interact with those users, build a strong social network and surround yourself with quality tweets you can re-tweet. When you re-tweet someone, you’re waving a flashlight to him, saying –”Thanks for sharing such great content!” – you are getting his attention. 55% of twitter users will re-tweet a good message.
- Follow users who re-tweet you.
- Manage your followers/ following list and maintain a rational ratio between them.
- Search for tweets which include your brand name – you might find good opportunities to provide some proactive support which your customers will very much appreciate.
33% of twitter users will share their opinions and recommendations.
- Track your tweets and performance using HootSuite, an official StoreYa partner. The average ROI (Return on Investment) of a twitter follower is 42%. Keep those followers happy with you. Use the data you gain from HootSuite to understand: On which day to tweet? What are the best hours for tweeting? This is valuable information you should track and monitor.
- Use twitter advanced search to find people tweeting near your business, this is a powerful tool to work with in order to find your local – nearby customers.
- Explore the hashtag (#) world! You can find interesting, useful tweets of users when browsing other brands.
- Managing your Twitter account wisely will improve your brand awareness, as well as help you provide a better customer service. More traffic will lead to sales!
- The next step will be to use StoreYa.com in order to import your twitter account to your Facebook fan page as a shiny new tab. You can actually integrate all of your social networks activities with your Facebook fan page, allowing your fans full access to all of your content in one place! We’ll elaborate on this topic on our next post, stay tuned!
Eyal is the co-founder of StoreYa and a leader in social commerce. He has extensive experience in online marketing and project management. He is passionate about building amazing products that will grow your business!
Recommended articlesBetter eCommerce Customer Acquisition: The Traffic Booster and its ‘Secret Sauce How an eCommerce Store Set Itself Up for Sustained Growth [Case Study] The eCommerce Marketing Strategy that Generated 40,000 Leads [Case Study] 6 Word of Mouth Marketing Tips to Get People Talking About Your Business
Powered by Facebook Comments