Hold on to your coffees, eCommerce superstars – the 2020 best Shopify apps list is here! Whether you’re looking for ways to boost traffic and sales to 8 figures or streamline your eCommerce business to pro level, we have just the right Shopify apps to help you get it done!
In this ultimate guide, we will be covering 48+ apps to download or test in a variety of categories from cart abandonment to shopping experience apps. If you have a specific need for your store, you can skip through to one of these categories here:
- PPC Marketing and traffic-driving Shopify apps
- SEO Shopify apps
- Cart abandonment Shopify apps
- Conversion-boosting Shopify apps
- Customer loyalty Shopify apps
- Dropshipping Shopify apps
- Email marketing Shopify apps
- Inventory management Shopify apps
- Product reviews Shopify apps
- Referral Shopify apps
- Affiliate marketing Shopify apps
- Shipping and fulfillment Shopify apps
- Social media marketing Shopify Apps
- User experience and store optimization Shopify apps
- Upselling Shopify apps
Ready to make 2020 the best year yet for sales? Let’s jump in!
This is not just another simplified Google Dashboard for Shopify; it is so much more than that. Traffic Booster does everything on your behalf – creating personalized campaigns for your store and automating your Google Ads campaigns to get you the best results for your spend. Optimizing bids and keyword matching in real-time means your campaigns are always at peak performance without you needing to lift a finger to generate high-quality traffic to your store.
- Covers all your Google campaign needs including Search, Dynamic Search, Shopping, Smart Shopping and Smart Display ads, as well as Dynamic, YouTube and Gmail remarketing campaigns.
- They do absolutely everything for you, from setup to optimization – you don’t need to do anything!
- Their automatic bid optimizer feature enables real-time bidding to get the most cost-effective bid for your campaigns at any given time.
- Drives traffic targeted to the countries you ship to with geo-targeting.
- Real-time adjustments of keywords, ads and category or product pages, based on relevance to users’ searches.
- For pro users of the app, Traffic Booster also includes optimized Facebook campaigns and a dedicated account manager.
Pricing: Traffic Booster pricing works a little differently from the rest of the apps on this 2020 Shopify apps list. Here, you decide on the total you want to spend on Google Ads – your ad budget – without any additional fees, with no additional monthly charges from the app. The minimum budget you can work with on Traffic Booster is $120 per month, to ensure you get results for your spend.
Best for: Traffic Booster works with any size store that wants to get the most ROAS out of their Google Ads budget, without the added expense of hiring an expensive PPC manager or agency.
Benchmark Hero [Free]
Benchmark Hero is a free app that made its way onto the Shopify trending and editor’s pick lists in 2019. Benchmark Hero uses 7- and 8-figure brands in your niche as a benchmark to give you a complete and detailed site audit to determine why your site is not generating the traffic you think it should. Not only does it assess vital SEO markers like site speed and how Google sees your site, but includes heaps of valuable assessment data such as recurring customer percentages, lifetime value and customer value.
- It’s 100% free.
- A site audit is done upon your approval, where it will assess and rank your site for business, marketing, technical and eCommerce purposes. The system will guide you through actionable items per each segment, so that you can improve your store’s performance today.
- Your Shopify store will be assessed against your biggest competitors in terms of shopping experience, trustworthiness, marketing strategy and technical performance.
Pricing: Totally free!
Best for: All Shopify stores – from newly launched to established 7-8-figure eCommerce stores wanting to quickly see how they rate in their niche and how to improve rankings.
SEO Manager is a top-rated Shopify app that helps you understand and implement SEO optimization measures to rank higher for organic search. The app includes step-by-step guides and comprehensive SEO help documents to turn you from SEO zero into SEO hero.
- Integrates with Google, Google Search Console, Bing and Kit.
- Includes 15 SEO features unique to SEO Manager, including “out of stock” redirects and product “unavailable after” meta.
Pricing: Every seller gets a 7-day free trial and then a monthly fee of $20 applies.
Best for: Shopify store owners who are new to SEO best practices or want to automate their SEO optimization.
Plug in SEO
The next SEO Shopify app on the list is Plug in SEO. Used by over 30,000 stores and 100s of Shopify Plus stores to optimize SEO and drive organic traffic, this app checks, fixes and optimizes your SEO data in bulk.
- Fixes broken links and sets up 301 permanent redirects for SEO URLs.
- The Target Focus Keywords feature allows you to create SEO content with keyword research, and optimize blog keywords and product descriptions for organic search terms.
- Automatically checks and fixes H1, H2 and H3 headings and subheadings, image ALT tags, file names, duplicate page titles and page descriptions.
- Unique templating allows you to bulk-edit SEO data including meta titles and descriptions of thousands of products/collections/pages/blogs/posts in minutes.
Pricing: Plug in SEO does offer a free “light” plan, but it is limited to speed problem checks, automatic email alerts and suggested code fixes. For the full array of SEO features, the plan costs $20 per month.
Best for: Shopify store owners with minimal technical SEO knowledge looking for an easier, more efficient way to assess and optimize their SEO.
Abandoned Cart Web Push [Up-and-Comer Alert]
Although a relative newcomer to the spotlight, Abandoned Cart Web Push is starting to trend for a reason. Created as a way to help Shopify store owners implement web push notifications for cart abandoners without the need for email lists, it can offer you an extra line of defense against incomplete transactions to help boost conversions.
- With its ‘abandoned cart recovery web push’ function, store owners can automatically send three consecutive abandoned cart web pushes with intriguing pre-set messages.
- Enables discount popups (widgets) on your website, which can be seen by potential customers after they have clicked on the web push.
- Schedules your web push for specific times, based on the location of your subscribers.
- Responsive design to desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Pricing: This app is free for the first 600 impressions, with paid plans starting at $9 per month for up to 9,000 impressions.
Best for: New to intermediate online sellers looking for an extra way, besides email, to bring cart abandoners back to finish the sale.
If you’re looking for a 2020 best Shopify App to help you boost sales in the new year, then Conversion Plus should be on your must-test list. Specifically designed to help Shopify store owners reduce cart abandonment, it offers a way for you to add urgency in your checkout flow that allows you to recoup sales you might otherwise lose.
- The cart reservation timer includes adjustable duration to help you optimize durations that bring the best results.
- Gives you the ability to modify the look and feel of features to match your theme and keep your store branding intact.
- Includes timer displays on cart, popup/drawers and checkout pages.
- Keeps a true inventory reservation – not just a timer display – to ensure stock is accurate.
Pricing: The Conversion Plus Shopify app offers two price plans: free and Bronze at $6.99 per month.
Best for: Any Shopify store owner looking for an easy, efficient way to implement countdown times without the need for timely or expensive coding.
Persistent Cart App [Free]
Another 2020 Shopify app counteracting cart abandonment is Persistent Cart App. Simply put, this app enables you to show shoppers what’s in their cart across a variety of devices. Let’s say a potential customer was browsing your store on their phone and added a product to their cart, before being distracted. Later, they may then log on to another device or their desktop and go back to your store – this app ensures that the chosen item is still in their cart.
- Ensures shoppers can access their cart from any device.
- Super simple to set up and install.
- Makes it easy for customers to complete their orders across devices.
Pricing: Totally free!
Best for: This app is ideal for any level Shopify store owners who don’t have this function designed into their Shopify theme.
PushOwl Web Push Notifications
The PushOwl Shopify app is so hot right now! Taking push notification to another level, they don’t just help you reduce cart abandonment, but enable you to offer customers notifications about shipping, price drops, products that are back in stock, and flash sales.
- Marketing workflow includes useful automated web push notifications such as order revolver, price drop, back in stock, welcome, shopping and sale notifications.
- Automated abandoned cart recovery.
- Advanced capabilities such as automatic product image upload, subscriber data syncs and shipping notifications with tracking URLs.
- Has one-click, easy opt-in for customers.
- Connects with other top-rated Shopify apps such as Wishlist and Loox.
Pricing: Free for up to 500 impressions. Paid plans start at $19 per month for up to 10,000 impressions. For those of you on Shopify Plus, they offer an enterprise edition that includes a dedicated account manager to devise a tailor-made push notification strategy. For more details, click here.
Best for: All Shopify store owners looking to cash in on the growing web push marketing trends.
Free Shipping Bar
The Free Shipping Bar Shopify app is designed to help Shopify stores promote free shipping offers with progressive messages. Free Shipping Bar offers a customizable bar and messaging, as well as geo-targeting (to show different messages to different shoppers) and bar report tracking.
- Includes geo, display page, exclude and currency detection advanced targeting.
- Everything on the bar is customizable to fit your store style and includes emojis, curated background images and page position configuration.
- The developer does not include its own branding on the bar and offers one-click installation.
- Responsive and optimized for all screen sizes.
Pricing: Their basic plan is free, while their premium plan is $9.99 per month for additional features such as unlimited active bars, geo/country targeting, currency conversion and auto scheduling.
Best for: For stores that are looking for a quick and easy way to add a shipping bar to their theme – if they don’t already have one – the free plan will do. Looking for a way to turn your shipping progress into higher-value sales? Then the premium plan is the way to go.
Similar to Justuno, Personizely markets itself as a conversion marketing toolkit. It is designed to assist Shopify store owners with email capturing, reduce cart abandonment with exit popups and boost conversions with cross- and up-sell popups, product recommendations and more. Unlike similar apps, Personizely consolidates a broad set of functionalities into one app, for one monthly fee.
- Their advanced segmentation lets sellers create smaller groups of visitors for better personalization.
- Includes site personalization so that you can show each shopper relevant content based on order history, location, etc.
- All popups are responsive and look good on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Includes exit intent popups, cross- and up-sell widgets, recommended product and email popups, and more.
Pricing: Personizely doesn’t offer a free plan but does include a 14-day trial to test out the app. Plans start at $29 per month for either widgets or personalization, and $46 for both.
Best for: Shop owners looking for an all-in-one solution that includes a host of popup and widget functionalities to ensure you get a lot of features for your spend.
10. Sale Kit [Up-and-Comer Alert]
Next on the list of the best 2020 Shopify apps is Sale Kit. Sale Kit also offers popups to boost sales but does it slightly differently than their competitors, by using social proof tactics. It is designed specifically for newer stores that are looking for ways to build customer trust in a new brand and increase conversion rates.
- Enables you to show recently purchased orders in popups and promote specific products that you input from your data.
- You can create countdown timers on cart pages to generate scarcity and push customers to check out quickly.
- Includes three types of promotional bars: announcement, countdown and signup.
Pricing: Sales Kit offers a free plan for up to 1,200 impressions, after which plans start at $12.99 per month for up to 12,000 impressions.
Best for: New store owners who are looking for great banner ads that are simple to use and who need to manually input and display ‘recent random order numbers’ or visitors, while they still getting off the ground.
One of the best-rated wishlist Shopify apps out there at the moment is Wishlist Plus by Swym Corporation. Unlike a lot of wishlist apps, Wishlist Plus doesn’t require your shop browsers to create accounts to save their favorites. Used by over 10,000 merchants, it also enables store owners to use wishlist activity to create personalized email and social remarketing campaigns that drive traffic back to stores.
- The smart dashboard provides sellers with metrics and reports of the app’s activities.
- Will sync user/wishlist activity across all of a user’s devices.
- Enables shoppers to share their wishlist with friends and family via email or social media.
- Includes intelligent opt-in popups that nudge shoppers to provide their email address.
- Integrates with email, CRM, social and automation tools such as Klaviyo, Salesforce, Facebook and Zapier.
Pricing: Wishlist Plus includes a free plan for up to 100 wishlist items per month, which is best suited for brand-new stores. Paid plans start at $14.99 per month for up to 1,000 wishlist items per month and also includes a 30-day free trial.
Best for: Established Shopify sellers looking to engage more with their shoppers and add more functionality to their stores with popular wishlists. For brand-new stores with few products and little budget, we suggest putting this app on hold until you have gained some momentum and increased your offerings.
Shopify App Trend Alert: You may also want to look out for newcomer Nudgify Social Proof this year, which has a free plan option for up to 1,000 notifications per month!
If you’re looking to increase sales, engagement and word-of-mouth marketing, then the LoyaltyLion Shopify app is a good place to start. This award-winning Shopify app is an expert in customer loyalty programs and used by thousands of store owners to drive repeat revenue and increase customer retention.
- There are plenty of redemption options including discounted or free shipping, coupons, VIP sales access and free products.
- Their free plan allows unlimited customers and includes up to 800 orders per month.
- The app offers an easy reward, point and referral program setup.
- Its reward options include points for purchases, signups, site visits, reviews, referrals, birthdays, social follows, likes and tagging.
- It is one of the few loyalty program apps that integrate with Shopify Plus features.
Pricing: Free plan for smaller online stores or those that have just launched. Paid plans start at $159 per month, with additional features like unlimited members and advanced functionality.
Best for: Growing Shopify stores looking to use loyalty-building to bring customers back and spread the word about their brand. We recommend only developing, implementing and spending on loyalty programs once you’re constantly generating sales and attracting new customers to your store.
The Growave Shopify app is another all-in-one solution that features a lot of loyalty program options as well as review-collection tools and wishlists. With this app, you get not only the tools you need to build strong customer relationships using branded rewards and loyalty programs, but tools that encourage users to share your brand on social media.
- Can be used offline with Shopify POS.
- Includes comprehensive review and UGC automated collection tools.
- With social login, it is easier for users to sign in using Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram and Amazon accounts, or an email address.
- The app integrates with a wide variety of tools including PushOwl, Klaviyo, Loox and more.
Pricing: The app is free to install and test on up to 100 orders. They also include a 30-day trial for their paid plans, which start at $49 per month.
Best for: Growing Shopify stores that are generating 500+ sales per month, looking to build engagement, invest in word-of-mouth marketing tools and increase customer retention.
Another leading name in Shopify loyalty program-building is Smile.io. This highly rated Shopify app takes customer engagement to a new level. Designed to grow with store owners, their loyalty points, referral programs and basic design customizations are available to anyone on their free plan – allowing sellers to add features as they grow.
- Includes three easy-to-build program types: loyalty points, referral and VIP.
- The advanced plans offer customizable email notifications and referral messaging as well as advanced design and brand personalization capabilities.
- Its easy app integration function enables store owners to easily connect Smile.io to the other tools they use, to create a cohesive retention marketing strategy.
Pricing: Their free plan includes 10+ reward options and email notifications. Paid plans start at $49 per month to remove the Smile.io branding and get more customization.
Best for: Small, medium and larger Shopify stores wanting to push sales and engagement with loyalty programs.
The Oberlo Shopify app is designed specifically to help dropshippers find and sell trending products on their online store. Dropshipping can be a very cost-effective and accessible way to dip your toe into the eCommerce entrepreneur pool, and Oberlo aims to make the whole process even easier.
- Its detailed product stats ensure you have the data you need to gauge a product’s potential before you sell it and make data-driven decisions to grow your business.
- Includes a free Chrome extension that enables sellers to add products directly from AliExpress into their dropshipping store with just a few clicks.
- Includes an integrated order tracking feature that allows sellers to track orders at all times.
Pricing: Oberlo offers a “forever free” plan, which includes everything a brand-new store owner needs to start dropshipping. Their more advanced paid plans start at $29 per month for up to 10,000 products.
Best for: New or growing Shopify store owners looking for easier ways to find and integrate more products into their dropship model store.
Next on our 2020 best Shopify apps list is the Printful print-on-demand Shopify app. Print-on-demand is a fast-growing eCommerce niche because it combines the power of uniquely designed products with the ease of dropshipping. Printful is definitely a leader in this niche and has become one of the topmost-rated print-on-demand services. When a customer buys a product from your store, the order is automatically imported to Printful, where they print and fulfill the order under your brand.
- You set your retail price and pay them just for the cost of the item being produced.
- They offer warehousing and fulfillment services for bulk orders.
- Integrates with ShipStation, Zakeke, eBay, Etsy, Amazon, Zapier and more.
- Includes free design templates and a mockup generator, and additional product photography services are available.
Pricing: This top print-on-demand Shopify app is free! You pay for the production of the product when your shopper purchases it from your store.
Best for: Any new eCommerce entrepreneur looking for an efficient way to start an online store or test new apparel designs with target audiences before going all-in with production.
Similar to Oberlo, Spocket will connect you with US and EU suppliers and automate your dropshipping business. Boasting faster shipping and higher margins from vetted suppliers, Spocket can also be an addition to Oberlo and Printful apps. Meaning it can fill product gaps as you grow your dropshipping business.
- Their auto-update inventory feature will ensure that your stock is always up to date.
- All products on Spocket are 30-60% less than possible retail prices.
- Real-time order tracking to ensure you always know where your orders are.
- All products are shipped with your store’s branding and a personal note from you to your customer.
Pricing: Spocket does include a free plan, however, this is more for browsing the available products. You will need to invest in one of their paid plans, which start at $9 per month, for full features. You can read more about their pricing structures and features, here.
Best for: This app is good for new online store owners looking to start a dropshipping store or growing dropshippers wanting to expand their product categories.
Next on our 2020 best Shopify apps list is Campaign Monitor. Previously known as Conversio, this email marketing app is trusted by over 20k Shopify store owners and combines the power of user-generated content tools and email marketing into one platform.
- The CM Commerce email marketing features ensure users can easily set up customized automated emails.
- Their power segmentation enables you to review your customers’ purchase, demographic, preference and engagement data.
- Its on-brand receipts allow store owners to optimize their most opened and clicked email campaigns with eye-catching templates, cross-sell messages and shipping coupons.
- This app will help you collect and display visual product reviews submitted by happy customers.
Pricing: Campaign Monitor offers a 30-day free trial. Monthly plans start at $9 per month, which include up to 5,000 emails sent to 500 people. You can read more about their prices in relation to the number of subscribers you have, here.
Best for: Small to large online stores looking for a well-rated email marketing platform that includes dedicated onboarding help to transfer data, advanced splits and filters to target messages.
Another email marketing app that gained real momentum last year is Klaviyo. With one-click Shopify integration, pre-built data syncs, email list collection templates and more, Klaviyo has become a popular choice amongst successful online sellers. And in case that isn’t enough, Klaviyo will automatically add the code required to track browsing behavior, so you understand your customers beyond their purchase history.
- Integrates with many other apps such as Facebook, Recharge, Zendesk, Swell, Smile.io, AfterShip and more.
- Offers simplified data and segmentation straight from the dashboard.
- Sellers can set up abandoned cart emails in minutes, then optimize with advanced splits and filters.
Pricing: Like other email marketing apps, the cost will depend on the size of your email lists and the number of emails you will be sending. However, they do have a free starter package that includes up to 250 contacts and 500 emails sent. You can read more about their pricing, here.
Best for: This app is ideal for new or intermediate online sellers looking for a top-rated email marketing platform that can grow with their business.
If you are looking for one Shopify app to handle all your messaging – from email and SMS to Facebook Messenger – then Omnisend could be the right solution for you. Omnisend positions itself as a marketing automation platform that connects eCommerce stores with potential and existing customers across multiple channels such as email, SMS, Facebook and Google.
- Includes pre-built automation workflows that allow you to easily set up welcome, abandoned cart, confirmation and post-purchase series.
- Offers robust and flexible segmentation for personalized messaging.
- Includes subscriber list growth tools such as signup boxes, popups, wheels of fortune and landing pages.
- Integrates with other popular Shopify apps such as Privy, Smile.io, Yotpo, AfterShip, Recharge and Nosto.
Pricing: Omnisend offers a 14-day free trial, after which their plans start at $16 per month, depending on the features you need.
Best for: Intermediate or fast-growing online stores looking for a cross-channel email marketing platform that will reach shoppers whichever channel they are on.
If you’re looking for a top-rated Shopify app that specifically handles growing your email lists while also performing on-site marketing, then you can’t go wrong with Sumo. This popular email list-growing app is used by 37,000+ eCommerce sites! Plus, their free plan includes a whole host of features that ensures new sellers are covered while they grow.
- Offers strategically-placed on-site incentives and high-converting email list opt-in forms.
- Compliant with GDPR and the latest SEO guidelines from Google.
- Integrates with MailChimp, Aweber, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, Klaviyo, HubSpot and more.
Pricing: Sumo offers a free plan for sellers sending up to 10,000 emails per month, which includes unlimited forms and subscribers. Their pro plan for unlimited emails is $49 per month and offers advanced targeting and integrations.
Best for: Small to medium businesses wanting to grow their email marketing subscriber lists, boost sales and increase average order values.
SpurIT is no stranger to the Shopify app store, having released 20+ high-end apps since 2013. Their newest app, Pre-Order Manager, was the most reviewed app of its type in the Shopify App Store last year. This app enables sellers to have their ‘Add to Cart’ buttons automatically replaced with ‘Pre-Order’ when products are out of stock. As an added bonus, they score very high in terms of their customer service and support.
- Easy to install and compatible with all popular themes, AJAX carts, collections and homepages, quick-view popups and all SpurIT apps.
- It will automatically enable the ‘Pre-Order’ button when a product or variant goes out of stock.
- Users are able to search and change individual or bulk products with an easy-to-use dashboard product filter and search.
- Allows you to set up pre-order button text and design, message text, style, position and more.
Pricing: Pre-Order Manager includes a free plan designed for brand-new online sellers or store owners who want to test the feature on a product before they commit. Paid plans start at $24.95 per month, which allow you to manage an unlimited number of products.
Best for: Shopify stores that want a quick and easy way to manage pre-order sales.
If you don’t take pre-orders but still want to let your customers know when your out-of-stock product is restocked, then this app can be a huge help. Restocked Alerts enables your potential customers and shoppers to subscribe and receive alerts for when products come back in stock, and then notifies them automatically.
- Includes regular, out of the box, and advanced customization options.
- The report dashboard is designed to easily enable sellers to measure product demand.
- Offers simple automatic restock email setup.
Pricing: Restocked Alerts offers four different price plans. There is no free plan but there is a 14- day free trial, and paid plans start at $14.99 per month for up to 100 notifications.
Best for: This is a very specific app and best suited for store owners who don’t offer pre-sales but want to capitalize on traffic and potential sales while a certain product is out of stock.
TradeGecko is an inventory management Shopify app that is best suited for multi-channel sellers. In short, it creates one central hub from which sellers can manage eCommerce orders from their stores, marketplaces and wholesale channels. With integrated reporting, accounting, shipping, manufacturing, payments and API access, it is an efficient way to stay on top of your inventory.
- The app will sync all revenue and costs with accounting apps Xero and QuickBooks Online.
- Its inventory management tool provides complete control and visibility of your stock across all your channels.
- The app allows sellers to manage multiple Shopify stores and marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay from one place.
- The advanced B2B eCommerce platform includes wholesale catalogs and sign-in for personalized pricing and product lists.
- It will make fulfillment more efficient by using stock takes, pick pack and ship with a barcode scanner, plus print barcode labels.
Pricing: Due to the complexity of the app, there isn’t a free plan option. It does, however, include a 14-day free trial to test their app. Paid plans start at $39 per month for up to 50 orders per month.
Best for: Online sellers who are selling, or plan to sell, across a variety of channels. It’s especially useful for larger Shopify brands that also conduct offline wholesale B2B business.
Loox ‑ Photo Reviews
Building trust is key to helping you convert more sales; and yes, reviews play a vital role. However, real-life images of customers using your products are gold. This is why no best Shopify apps list would be complete without the popular Loox photo review app! Loox is a Shopify app that collects social proof on autopilot and used by Shopify and Shopify Plus stores.
- Optimized for SEO, Google Shopping integration and includes Display and Shopping reviews and ratings on search results with Rich Snippets and display ratings.
- Easy, one-click setup; is mobile friendly and 100% responsible; plus, it works with any theme.
- Includes automatic email review requests and reminders that can be fully branded and customized. Customizations include email timing, review form questions, widget colors, font, size and position.
- Sellers moderate reviews and decide what should be published.
Pricing: Loox does not include a free plan but does give sellers a 14-day free trial. Paid plans start at $9.99 per month and include 100 monthly review request emails, a discount for photo review offers, and review and rating widgets.
Best for: Anyone looking for efficient and automatic ways to request, collect and display visual reviews and UGC on their Shopify store.
Another popular review-collection Shopify app to consider in 2020 is Yotpo. The main advantage of Yotpo is that it offers an all-in-one review solution that helps you collect and showcase reviews, photos, and Q&A across a potential buyer’s entire shopping journey. Add that to the fact that Yotpo is an official Shopify Plus Technology Partner and has helped the fastest-growing Shopify stores (such as MVMT and Pura Vida Bracelets) increase sales with customer content – and you’ve got a winner.
- With Yotpo, you can collect reviews, ratings, photos and Q&A from your shoppers and then strategically showcase this UGC on your site to prompt more sales.
- The app gives you the ability to display ratings in organic search results and Google Ads, which can help you boost targeted traffic.
- Yotpo has official partnerships with Google, Facebook and Instagram, and integrations with top-rated Shopify apps such as Zendesk, Smile.io and HubSpot.
- It includes a “forever free” plan for new eCommerce entrepreneurs that includes social push and SEO pages, on-site display, content generation and moderation, and commenting.
Pricing: As mentioned above, Yotpo includes a robust free version for smaller stores generating up to 50 orders per month. Their unlimited premium plan, for fast-growing Shopify stores, is tailored to each business individually. You can contact them here for a demo and quote.
Best for: New and established Shopify stores looking to increase loyalty, build trust and increase ratings across a variety of channels.
Next on our 2020 best Shopify app list is ReferralCandy. ReferralCandy is a cross-channel solution that boosts referral sales with rewards. Unlike traditional reward apps, which we covered earlier, referral programs reward your customers for referring your brand to their friends and family. With over 30,000 online stores and counting, ReferralCandy has become a real Shopify referral app contender.
- Includes full branding and customization with the theme editor.
- With its optimized rewards payout, your customers will receive their referral rewards automatically.
- Integrates with Google Analytics so that you can track referral sales, clicks and traffic with niche benchmarks and social media platforms, and monitor Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger shares.
- Supports affiliate marketing mode, so you can use it to partner with influencers.
Pricing: ReferralCandy offers a 30-day free trial. The monthly plan for all the features is $49 per month and they do offer customized enterprise solutions on demand.
Best for: Best suited for fast-growing or established Shopify stores that are already generating a minimum of 50 sales per month.
If you are looking to create, manage, track and grow your affiliate marketing program in 2020, then Refersion could be the app for you! Refersion is a fully-loaded affiliate and influencer marketing platform that you can launch in minutes. It will help you build partnerships with and recruit bloggers, influencers, ambassadors or customers – while tracking and paying affiliates and influencers through an intuitive, easy-to-use affiliate marketing platform.
- Sellers are able to view affiliate performance, create custom links, update info and run reports through a personalized dashboard.
- Includes access to their growing network of qualified affiliates and publishers ready to market your products.
- Offers affiliate marketing registration page customization.
- The post-purchase widget invites customers to join your affiliate marketing program to earn rewards, and Shopify integration allows for coupon codes to be created automatically.
Pricing: Refersion includes a 14-day free trial, after which the cost is $89 per month. For larger brands, there is an optional enterprise package, which you can request here.
Best for: Established or fast-growing Shopify businesses ready to expand their reach through affiliate and influencer marketing.
Looking for an app to boost your shoppers’ post-purchase experience? Then this top-rated Shopify app could be it! AfterShip is trusted by 30,000 Shopify and Shopify Plus store owners looking to boost sales with branded tracking pages, improve tracking for all shipments and do so across 450+ carriers worldwide in one place. The app also includes the Automizely tool for entry and exit popups.
- Customizable tracking page that includes logo, color scheme, product marketing banners and Instagram feed optimization.
- Improves SEO and site traffic by replacing carrier tracking links with your own tracking page.
- Offers one convenient dashboard to track and check delivery statuses across a variety of carriers.
- Integrates with Klaviyo, ShipStation, UPS, FedEx and USPS.
Pricing: AfterShip has a free-to-install option for smaller or newer stores that are doing 100 shipments per month, while paid plans start at $9 per month.
Best for: Online sellers with traditional business models (not dropshipping) who want to streamline and brand their post-sale experience.
If you’re looking for a more robust shipping solution, then Easyship is a popular choice. Currently being used by over 100,000 online retailers, Easyship gives you access to 250+ shipping solutions with rates of up to 70% off; connects with your current courier accounts and rates; assesses taxes, duties and courier fees up-front for every shipment; and offers your customers the best prices in real-time.
- Access pre-negotiated shipping solutions from couriers around the world with just one account, or link your own courier accounts (including FedEx, UPS, DHL and more) and use your own rates.
- Dynamic rates at checkout to improve conversions – customers can choose their preferred shipping option knowing all costs, delivery times and taxes.
- Sync orders and print labels with one click and automatically update fulfilled orders with tracking numbers and courier names.
- Automatically generate and download ready-to-go shipping documents.
Pricing: This app is free to install and use. Shopify sellers are charged on a pay-as-you-go basis for every shipment.
Best for: Shopify eCommerce entrepreneurs who ship their own products and are looking for an all-in-one solution.
If you need something a little more robust than Easyship and are selling across multiple channels, ShipStation is a popular choice. ShipStation is designed to make importing, managing and shipping your orders exceptionally efficient, aggregates orders from all your channels and automates order processing with a simple but powerful rules engine.
- Access to exclusive USPS and FedEx special rated means ShipStation’s discounts make it easier for smaller retailers to offer free shipping.
- Lets you choose from nearly 40 different carrier services across the US, Canada, Australia and the UK.
- Integrates with 200+ shopping carts, eCommerce fulfillment services, marketplaces, package carriers and integration tools.
- Automation rules and batch processing features mean you can automate repetitive tasks, eliminate manual data entry and reduce the risk of human error.
Pricing: ShipStation includes a 30-day free trial with all of their packages. For smaller or newer stores processing fewer than 50 orders a month, the starter plan is $9 per month. For busier stores that sell 50+ products a month, plans start at $29 per month.
Best for: Growing online store owners looking to efficiently streamline their shipping process over a multitude of channels.
Order Printer [Free]
Order Printer is a free app developed by Shopify that enables you to preview and print all the documents you need for your orders, and includes HTML and Liquid customization capabilities.
- Quickly print custom packing slips, invoices, labels or receipts for all your orders.
- Print documents in bulk or one at a time, depending on your needs.
- Customize templates with HTML and Liquid.
Pricing: Totally free!
Best for: The app is ideal for any Shopify seller packing and shipping their own products and needing a simple solution for printing packing slips and shipping labels for all orders.
Facebook Messenger Marketing [Free]
The Facebook Messenger Marketing Shopify app will enable you to engage with customers who have subscribed to your store’s Facebook Messenger account. With this free Shopify app, you can send order receipt and shipping notifications as well as campaign messages to various shopper segments.
- Facebook Messenger notification customization.
- One-click installation. No coding needed!
- Simple customer opt-in widgets for Messenger.
Pricing: Totally free!
Best for: Shopify stores with Facebook business pages whose customers are active on Facebook Messenger.
Alternatively, you can check out Shopify’s Facebook Messenger app, Messenger Channel, which is also free. With this app designed by Shopify, you can sell products from your Messenger chats and let customers check out without leaving the app, automatically send customers detailed order status updates in Messenger and add a ‘Message Us’ button.
- Enables your shoppers to browse products and make purchases from your Messenger chat.
- Includes a feature to send automated order updates to customers from Messenger.
- Adds a ‘Message Us’ button to your online store.
- Ensures you can provide support to customers with questions about their purchase.
Pricing: Totally free!
Best for: Shopify stores with customers active on Facebook Messenger and who want to take customer service to the next level through real-time messaging.
Instagram Shop by SNPT [Free]
Another 2020 trending Shopify app to consider is Instagram Shop by SNPT. This app enables your followers to shop your Insta feed by linking your Instagram photos with your products. It also includes third-party content with accreditation and makes it shoppable, and only takes three minutes to set up!
- Purchases made as a result of a customer seeing your Instagram images are tracked through to checkout.
- Connect to Instagram to automatically fetch images from your feed.
- Links images with your products using Snapppt’s plug-n-play Shopify store integration.
- Embed shoppable galleries and carousels directly in your store and product pages.
Pricing: Totally free!
Best for: Any eCommerce seller who wants more control over Instagram sales data and to use this powerful platform to push sales.
Kit is an intelligent app that works as a marketing assistant of sorts and will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales. By looking at your products, visitors and customers, it will make informed recommendations for your next marketing moves and help you run Facebook and Instagram ads.
- Kit will help you set up Facebook Dynamic ads, build lookalike audiences, post Facebook updates, and generate marketing and sales performance reports.
- It integrates with Facebook, Instagram, Yotpo customer reviews, SEO Manager and Kit Karts.
- Sends personalized thank-you emails to generate repeat purchases.
- Creates Facebook and Instagram ads that drive sales.
Pricing: Kit is free to install, but keep in mind that you will be billed through your Facebook account based on the ads you run.
Best for: New Shopify store owners who don’t have time to learn or execute marketing, or have no experience in online advertising.
Outfy is a well-rated Shopify app that aims to help online sellers promote their products across up to 12 social media networks so that they can seamlessly reach thousands of new potential customers. Plus, with the app’s themed templates, sellers can customize automatic posts to make them more human-centric.
- Create stunning product collages with single or multiple product photos and share them instantly on social media.
- Set your store to autopilot to push your posts automatically.
- Access to customizable promotion images for social promotions.
- Build hashtags and associate them with product collections to automatically include in your posts.
Pricing: This app is free to install and there is no monthly fee. Instead, sellers pay from 2.5 cents per post so that they can buy posts and use them as they need.
Best for: Sellers looking for an easier way to share contacts across all their social accounts and who need template or design capabilities.
Recart FB Messenger Marketing
Recart is a popular Shopify app amongst our 7- and 8-figure merchants – and it’s no surprise why. This top Shopify app, with 110,000+ registered merchants, uses the power of Facebook Messenger marketing with sound cart abandonment and review-mining strategies. With Recart, you can recover abandoned carts, send receipts or ask for reviews with the Loox photo review app.
- Recart tools make it easy to grow your Messenger audiences by converting your visitors into subscribers with a 5-14% conversion rate.
- The app’s subscription tools help you build your Messenger list more quickly and efficiently.
- Includes a large selection of automated campaigns options for Messenger including abandoned cart reminders, product review requests (Loox), order receipts, shipping notifications and welcome messages.
- Recart integrates with Loox, Wheelio, OptiMonk, Privy, Justuno, Facebook Messenger and WooHoo.
Pricing: Recart offers a 28-day free trial, after which the monthly plan will cost you $29 per month.
Best for: Shopify stores at any business level wanting to integrate Facebook Messenger into engagement, marketing and promotion strategies.
With the Infinite Options Shopify app, you can create an unlimited number of custom options for your product pages. This includes text, numbers, calendars, checkboxes and dropdown menus. Or the option for shoppers to choose a personalized engraved, monogrammed or custom-printed product.
- Easily add an unlimited number of product customizations to your products, so you’re not restricted by the normal three option limit.
- Control placeholder and default values and set fields as optional or required.
- Product bundling functionality allows you to add additional charges for services or add-ons offered with your products.
- Dropdown menus and checkboxes can be set up to allow multiple selections.
Pricing: There is no free plan but they do offer a 14-day free trial and the monthly plan is $5.99 per month.
Best for: The Infinite Options Shopify app is great for sellers who want more product page customization without the hassle or expense of having something custom-designed.
Smart Search and Instant Search
The Smart Search and Instant Search Shopify app offers sellers advanced personalized CDN search with instant suggestions, autocorrection, synonyms, redirects and stopwords. It also includes improved search result pages and navigation through collections with unlimited auto filters and customizable product labels and recommendation blocks.
- Recommendation blocks that can be used on any page of your store.
- With this app, you get an unlimited number of searches per month, real-time product syncing and catalog indexation, all-time analytics and mobile responsiveness.
- When customers search in your store, an instant and mobile-responsive widget will show relevant suggested products as they type.
- Advanced filters for relevant search results and collections.
Pricing: There is a free, limited plan where you can test the features of this app on upto 25 products before investing in the monthly plan – which is $9 per month.
Best for: Online sellers with a growing number of products looking for a quick and easy way to make their offerings searchable and store experience more efficient.
Shogun Landing Page Builder
Shogun Landing Page Builder is a Shopify app with easy-to-use drag-and-drop page building tools. It can be used to create customized home, ‘coming soon,’ ‘about us,’ donation, ‘contact us’ and FAQ pages. With its 30+ custom page templates and easy theme editor, it helps store owners save time and hassle with easy page design.
- Its product page builder gives sellers full control of product pages and data.
- Some of the many functions include a countdown timer/clock, accordion, social media icons, hover effects, image carousel slideshows and more.
- Enables you to reach shoppers on desktop, mobile and tablet with responsive pages that use your theme’s existing styles.
- Integrates with Google Analytics, Adobe, Typekit, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Pricing: This app includes a 10-day free trial, after which plans start at $39 per month.
Best for: Shopify sellers who want to make UX changes without the expense of a designer or coding know-how.
Trust Hero [Free]
Another free app on our list of 2020 best Shopify apps is Trust Hero. As we know, building trust throughout a shopper’s journey on your store is key to reducing cart abandonment and converting new customers. The Trust Hero app aims to make this easier by enabling sellers to show payment and trust badges more easily in Shopify cart and checkout pages.
- Trust badges are customizable so that you can match your branding and increase trust.
- The app works right away and there is no need for a developer.
- It is customized for all desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
Pricing: Totally free!
Best for: Shopify store owners with tight budgets who are looking for easy and more cost-effective ways to add trust badges to their store.
Frequently Bought Together
This popular upselling Shopify app enables sellers to install Amazon-like ‘recommended products’ widgets and allows you to offer bundle upsells and discounts to increase order values. Frequently Bought Together uses data mining algorithms to analyze previous purchases in your store to produce a memory graph with recommended products that are usually added to the shopping cart together.
- Customizable styling and automatically tuned for the most popular Shopify themes.
- Show ratings from the most popular review apps including Shopify Product Reviews, Yotpo, Stamped.io, Judge.me, Loox and AliReviews.
- For newer stores that don’t have enough data for automatic recommendations, the ‘show random products’ feature enables you to filter random products by collection, product type or product vendor.
- Use the app as a discount upselling widget by applying an automatic percentage discount to bundles.
Pricing: Although they don’t offer a free plan, their monthly plan is affordable at $6.99 per month. They also include a generous 30-day free trial period, allowing sellers a month to test the app.
Best for: Shopify sellers who would like to duplicate Amazon’s ‘frequently bought together’ functionality without the expense or hassle of making design tweaks.
The ReConvert upselling app takes a different approach, focusing on after-sale up- and cross-sell conversions. This app enables eCommerce entrepreneurs to customize their thank-you and order pages to capitalize on up- or cross-sell strategies to reengage customers.
- Functionality includes a birthday collector, discount popups with countdown timer, and up- and cross-selling product recommendations.
- Integrates with PayPal, Shopify Payments, Sezzle, Klarna, AfterPay and Stripe.
- Choose from their list of built-in templates and customize them, or create your own template from scratch.
- Loads of new, additional features coming soon, including POS integration, triggered thank-you pages, smart surveys and more.
Pricing: For brand new stores generating fewer than 50 sales per month, ReConvert includes a free plan. For busier stores, paid plans – which all include a 30-day free trial – start at $7.99 per month for up to 100 sales per month.
Best for: For any serious store owner looking for a budget-friendly tool to help increase order values and improve customer retention.
SMART Bundle Upsell
The last interesting upselling Shopify app we recommend looking into is SMART Bundle Upsell. This app will track all items in a shopper’s cart and which device they’re shopping on to create the most user-friendly and targeted upsell possible. What makes them stand out from other apps is their gamification strategies, which encourage users to spend MORE money on each purchase.
- Completely responsive across all devices.
- Includes standard upsell popups, incentivized upsell and discount popups.
- Easy to install and customize.
- 24/7 support.
- Show products related to the items in a shopper’s cart.
Pricing: SMART Bundle Upsell is on the expensive side, with a $27 per month rate. They do include a 7-day free trial that enables sellers to test the app.
Best for: Intermediate or consistently performing stores that are specifically looking for a data-driven automatic upselling tool.
There you have it, the up-and-comers, best free and paid, and trending Shopify apps of 2020.
Got a Shopify app you can’t live without? Post it in the comments below and tell us why.
Nicole is a content writer at StoreYa with over sixteen years experience and flair for storytelling. She runs on a healthy dose of caffeine and enthusiasm. When she's not researching the next content trend or creating informative small business content, she's an avid beachgoer, coffee shop junkie and hangs out on LinkedIn.
Recommended articlesBetter eCommerce Customer Acquisition: The Traffic Booster and its ‘Secret Sauce How an eCommerce Store Set Itself Up for Sustained Growth [Case Study] The eCommerce Marketing Strategy that Generated 40,000 Leads [Case Study] 6 Word of Mouth Marketing Tips to Get People Talking About Your Business
Powered by Facebook Comments